Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mom & Me

We met a long time ago
Before I even started to show
Maybe your sister needed a brother
Again I was going to be a Mother
Time started to pass
And everyone started to ask
If I was pregnant once more
I said Yes! With a little girl I will cherish and adore
Then we met and my feelings were mixed
You were born December 10th of 1976
You were shy and quiet and never wanted to be left alone
I wondered how you would be once you left home
***********************
I started to grow and find my own way
I remember when I left Pennsylvania, I cried that day
I missed you so much I wanted to go back
But choices and opportunities Wilkes-Barre lacked
You came to Live with us in 2001
2 years after you had your very last son
I cherished the time that we spent together
But you wanted to go back to the Islands with promises of life being better
Time past and you came to visit for your Birthday
That's when I realized I really wanted you to stay
If I would of known that time would be the last
Before Ariel called me and told me that you passed
Maybe things would of been different, But I have to let it be
I'll just wait till I get to heaven, Once again it will be Mom & Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment