Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Soul Mates

A Childhood crush, your High School Sweetheart
You saw her on the street, you met him in the park
We met on the Internet, we met through a friend
But it wasn't you..... That relationship came to an end
We were in a committed relationship, but we didn't always agree
I thought you were the one but I had to set you free
We met as children, you were the one I wanted to marry
But my parents forbade us.. They said we would never be happy
We met at work or at a Family function
I thought we were flirting, but that was my wrong assumption
We had a child together and eventually got married
I thought you were mines forever because.....your baby, I carried!
How are we to know when it's not just "Love for a season"
And we are actually staying together for all the right reasons
Some of you may know your Soul Mate but something prevents you from being together
Distance....Time.... What ever it may be, That person will stay in your heart forever
Maybe you've stayed together for home life security
But in your heart, you are feeling complicated uncertainty
The mind is Dangerous and the Heart is a terrible thing to waste
Don't let it go cold because someone lied to your face
To be "In Love" and to "Love" ..... There's a difference between the two
Do you ever wonder what definition your Spouse considers for you
It's so sad that most people will have to wait
Their entire Lives to find their true Soul Mate!

No comments:

Post a Comment